men served in some non-Connecticut units and 4 men served in the Navy
including Sherman Adams who was Asst. P.M. of the Gunboat Somerset doing
blockade duty along the Florida peninsula.
Name / Date Enlisted / Unit / Date Out / Reason Out / Comment
- Adams, Sherman 11/20/62 Acting Asst. P.M. Gunboat Sumerset Res. 10/11/64
- Dwight, Gilbert 4th Ohio Company K Died 7/14/62, Lewisville, KY??
- Doldrick, John 6/20/63 Seaman U.S. St, Steamers Catskil & Dinsmore
- Griswold, Wait R. ? 86 U.S. Colored from 22nd
- McLaughlin, John 4/28/64 Trans. From 7th navy Minnesota Malvernes?
- Lightfoot, John 2/9/64 3rd Reg. Colored Company C; 31st Regiment, Colored Company D
- Simpson, David Trans. To Navy 5/3/64 Trans from 8th Regiment
- Phelps, John 9/23/61 14th U.S. Infantry Company B Sgt 3/1/62 1st Sgt. 7/1/64 wounded? Disc. 9/23/64
- Galligher, George Company B 16th W.S. IFA?